Every year it’s the same classic Christmas movies dominating the airwaves. I prefer Christmas horror movies. Let us start with Rare Exports, my favorite.
- Rare Exports takes place in Northern Finland, where a secret drilling team uncovers the tomb of Santa. This Santa and his elves are not the traditional festive characters we enjoy now. I was intrigued by the premise. The cast is very likable.
- A Christmas Horror Story is a movie broken into four parts. Not only does the movie have Krampus, evil spirits, and zombie-like elves. You may even see William Shatner. A nifty little film with a shocking ending.
- Mogwai, do not feed them after midnight, never get them wet, and never expose them to bright light. Mogwai will turn into evil gremlins. This movie is a statement on consumerism. Who doesn’t love Gremlins?
- Better Watch Out is a home invasion movie. Ashley, the lead character, is sent to babysit a twelve-year-old boy. Soon their holiday evening turns into violent mayhem. Nothing new for a home invasion movie or is there something new?
- Anna and the Apocalypse adds a new twist to the zombie genre. The undead invades the town of Haven. A small spirited band of young people sings and slash their way through the holidays. Life is a musical.
If I give any more detail about these flicks, the movies might be compromised. There are so many horror Christmas movies we could spend hours talking about them. Feel free to leave me a comment about your favorite Christmas horror movie and why.